As you can see there are many health benefits from consuming broccoli, but you might be wondering how you can incorporate it into your diet, so here are a few suggestions:-
- Add broccoli to soups and stews.
- Eat broccoli raw or lightly steamed with dip or pour an olive oil lemon dressing over it.
- Chop lightly steamed broccoli and add to a pasta salad.
- Toss pasta with olive oil, pine nuts and steamed broccoli florets. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Purée cooked broccoli, then combine with seasonings of your choice to make a simple, yet delicious, soup.
- Add broccoli florets and chopped stalks to omelettes.
Also we’ve prepared some delicious and nutritious recipes that contain broccoli and here’s a selection for you to choose from:-
Breakfast – Salmon & Broccoli Frittata
We hope you include broccoli into your weekly consumption because not only does it taste delicious, not only does it provide you with all of the previously mentioned benefits, but it may also improve eye health and reduce the risk of eye-related diseases!