Banana-Walnut Breakfast Muesli
What a way to start your day, a healthy bowl of nature’s fruit and nut bounty. Bananas aren’t only full of vitamins and minerals but numerous bioactive compounds that have antioxidant qualities. Walnuts contain phytonutrients that have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits, research has shown that most of the foods we usually eat do not contain some of these phytonutrients. An unusual form of Vitamin E is found in walnuts and studies have found it provides heart protection. Who would have thought that the walnut was so unique!
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends and family now!
- 70g/2.5oz muesli mix (rolled oats, dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds)
- 80g/2.75oz pears, grated through a cheese grater
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 250ml/8.5fl oz plain yoghurt
- 15ml/0.5fl oz maple syrup
- 150g/5.25oz banana, sliced
- 30g/1oz walnuts, toasted
1. Combine muesli mix, grated pears, chia seeds, yoghurt, and maple syrup in a bowl. Chill for at least 4 hours.
2. Transfer into serving bowls and top with bananas and walnuts.