Bell Peppers stuffed with Mushroom Corn Rice Pilaf
Peppers are always versatile with the benefit of being fat free and full of vitamin A and C, a fail safe when catering for most dietary restrictions. This pleasing simple dish can be a healthy light meal or a filling addition to a protein based meal.
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends and family now!
1 hr 15 mins
DF, GF, VEG, V
- 370g/13oz corn rice
- 200g/7oz fresh straw mushrooms, cut into chunks
- 100g/3.5oz white onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 750ml/25.5fl oz vegetable stock
- 2 pieces. bay leaf
- 4 bell peppers
1. Heat olive oil in a stockpot.
2. Add in onions and sweat until translucent.
3. Add in mushrooms and continue cooking over high heat for another minute.
4. Add in corn rice and stir until evenly coated with the oil in the pot.
5. Pour in 2 cups of stock then bring to a boil stirring occasionally.
6. When level of stock in the pot goes down to level of rice, cover and turn heat to low.
7. Leave to cook for 10 minutes.
8. Turn off the heat and leave covered for another 15 minutes.
9. Fluff rice.
10. Preheat your oven to 180C/360F.
11. Cut the top of each bell pepper. Remove the core and seeds. Stuff with rice pilaf.
12. Arrange stuffed bell pepper standing up in a deep baking dish.
13. Pour in remaining stock around the bell peppers.
14. Bake for 40 minutes.