Coconut Gingerbread Cookies
We can be sure that these little cookie people don’t have joint inflammation or digestive problems. Ginger, Cinnamon, Cardamom and Cloves all have anti- inflammatory properties as well as many others, studies show that chronic inflammation and oxidative stress speed up the aging process that play a large part in age-related cognitive decline. It’s amazing to think that Coconuts are the stones of the Coconut fruit, similar to an Avocado stone. The white Coconut meat is rich in fibre which aids digestion, Ginger too is renowned for relieving nausea and sickness. Adults and children alike, will love these flavoursome cookies.
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends and family now!
DF, GF, VEG
100g/3.5oz coconut flour
80g/3oz chickpea flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp. ginger powder
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
62.5ml/2fl oz molasses
1 tsp. vanilla extract
125ml/4fl oz coconut oil
96g/3.5oz coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 175C/350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and brush lightly with coconut oil.
- Whisk all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Stir in the dry iingredients into the wet.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for 10-15 minutes in the freezer.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Press into half inch thickness.
- Make shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Transfer cookies to prepared baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Leave on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.