Crisp Tofu and Thai Cucumber Raita
If there’s any dish you should be eating RAITA now, it’s this one. Tofu is a powerhouse for protein and all 9 of our body’s essential amino acids. As if the taste isn’t enough, tofu also provides an overwhelming amount of minerals and nutrients, such as calcium which promotes bone health, iron that helps with our metabolism and haemoglobin formation, and magnesium which can help with high blood pressure, reduces your risk of heart attacks and lowers anxiety too. The olive oil in this raita is also full of healthy monounsaturated fats! Cultures throughout times have shown that those with diets containing this elixir of the gods, have a higher life expectancy and also a much lower risk for heart disease! So, not only is this dish pleasing to the eye and taste, but also does wonders for your heart, keeping it happy and healthy!
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends and family now!
DF, GF, VEG, V
- 100g/3.5oz cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 50g/1.75oz red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 50g/1.75oz red onion, thinly sliced
- 150g/5.25oz firm tofu
- 30ml/1fl oz olive oil
For the Dressing
- 30ml/1fl oz lime juice
- 15ml/0.5fl oz fish sauce, or gluten-free soy sauce for Vegan
- 1 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Thai red chillis, finely chopped
- 10g/0.33oz Thai basil, chopped
1. Pan fry tofu in olive oil for 2 minutes per side. Cut into half-inch cubes.
2. Whisk all ingredients for the dressing in a bowl until sugar is dissolved.
3. Toss in cucumber, bell pepper, and onions.
4. Transfer to a serving platter and top with crisp tofu pieces.