Curry-Spiced Carrot and Date Muffins
These spiced carrot and date muffins are flavoured with a hint of curry powder, for a sweet and spicy treat. They’re really easy to make and you could also prepare them in batches and eat them through the week. Make sure you store them in an airtight container!
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends and family now!
DF, GF, VEG
165g/4.75oz gluten-free biscuit and baking mix
1 tsp. baking powder/bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp. curry powder
1/4 tsp. salt
125ml/4fl oz coconut oil
100g/3.5oz coconut sugar
70g/2.5oz shredded carrots
60g/2oz dates chopped
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F.
- Line a muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
- In a bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients – flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, curry powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients – coconut oil, sugar, and egg.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Fold in the carrots and dates.
- Scoop 80ml of batter into each muffin case.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and leave to cool completely.