Gluten-Free Yorkshire Pudding with Mixed Mushroom Ragout
You don’t have to miss out on a family favourite with this gluten-free option. Mushrooms are filled with goodness from important minerals like Potassium (which aids the function of nerves and muscles – including the heart) and Selenium (which protects the body’s cells) to many B vitamins (which are important for the nervous system). Ancient Egyptians believed they were the plant of immortality according to hieroglyphics – they banned commoners from eating them so that royalty could have an abundant supply. Enjoy this meal, you are in good company.
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends and family now!
For the Pudding
140g/5oz gluten-free flour
120ml/4fl oz sunflower oil
For the Ragout
300g/10.5oz assorted fresh mushrooms, cut into chunks
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 shallot, finely chopped
6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
25g/1oz gluten-free flour
250ml/8.5fl oz vegetable stock
7g/0.25oz fresh parsley
- Prepare the mushroom ragout. Heat oil in a skillet. Sautee garlic and shallots until aromatic. Add the mushrooms and salt then sweat the mushrooms for 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle the flour over the pan and roast for a minute. Whisk in the vegetable stock until smooth. Season with additional salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to 210C/410F.
- Drizzle sunflower oil evenly into every hole of a muffin tin. Place in the oven.
- In a bowl, combine flour and eggs until smooth.
- Gradually add milk and mix until lump-free.
- Pour the batter into a pitcher.
- Take the pre-heated muffin tin out of the oven. Pour the batter 2/3 of each hole.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Fill each muffin with the prepared ragout and garnish with fresh parsley.