Golden Pears with Spiced Maple Granita
The power of pears is boundless, we’ll spell it out for you.
P for Potassium which lowers blood pressure and takes pressure off the cardiovascular system.
E for Eyes, the lutein and zeaxanthin help in the reduction of age-related macular degeneration and cataracts.
A for all the Antioxidants and their anti-carcinogenic activities which are linked to the prevention of some cancers.
R for the Red blood cell count improvement because of the copper and iron content.
S is for the synthesizing of new tissue in various organs and helps to keep the metabolism working efficiently.
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends and family now!
DF, GF, VEG, V
3 pears, peeled
20g/0.75oz fresh turmeric, peeled and thinly sliced
0.5 tsp/1g green cardamom pods
0.5 tsp/1g cinnamon sticks
0.5 tsp/1g cloves
10g/0.3oz lemongrass stalks
75ml/2.5fl oz maple syrup
1 litre/quart water
- Combine all ingredients in a small stock pot. Simmer for about an hour.
- Turn off the heat and leave to cool for about an hour.
- Strain the poaching liquid into a covered container and freeze overnight.
- Refrigerate the pears until ready to serve.
- Serve poached pears with granita.
- Pears must be fully submerged in liquid. Add more water if needed.
- If adding more liquid, reduce poaching liquid further until about a cup is left in the pot.