Mediterranean Chicken and Couscous Salad
When you have healthy recipes like this, you look forward to every meal, every bite is a pleasure. You can rest assured that your taste buds will be satisfied and your body will be suitably nourished. The beautifully blended mix of herbs, vegetables and succulent chicken, create a mouth-watering dish that can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner.
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends and family now!
- 4 butterflied chicken breast fillets
- 200g/7oz aubergine/eggplant – sliced
- 4 ripe tomatoes - 200g/7oz total, cut into halves
- 1 white onion – 100g/3.5oz, quartered
- 1 courgette/zucchini – about 200g/7oz piece, cut in half lengthwise
- 30ml/1fl oz olive oil
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- a few tarragon leaves
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 400g/14oz couscous
- 500ml/17fl oz chicken stock
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- In a baking pan, lay chicken breasts, eggplant, tomato, onions, zucchini, chopped garlic, and rosemary. Toss with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in a pre-heated oven at 180°C/360F for about 12 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Remove out of the oven, tent with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- In a small stockpot, bring chicken stock to a boil.
- Add in couscous, give it a quick stir, and cover. Turn off the heat and let stand to cook for 5 minutes.
- While the couscous is cooking, chop chicken and all roasted vegetables into bite-sized pieces.
- Fluff the cooked couscous with a meat fork and toss in the chopped chicken and vegetables together with the cooking juices.
- Fold in the lemon juice, zest, and chopped herbs.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed.