Peanut Butter and Banana Scones
Scones are one of the much loved and easy to make English teatime treats, this is the reason why we couldn’t resist but to create this healthy alternative. A little tip to help you get the best results is that the less you touch the dough, the crumblier your scones will be.
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends and family now!
275g/9.75oz gluten-free biscuit and baking mix
1 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
150g/5.25oz banana, mashed
50g/2oz coconut sugar
100g/3.5oz peanut butter
80ml/2.75fl oz milk
115g/4oz Raspberry Jam – optional
2 tbsp. milk, for brushing
- In a bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the wet ingredients – peanut butter, banana, egg, vanilla, milk, and sugar.
- Add the dry mixture in to the wet.
- Turn resulting dough on a lightly floured surface and knead.
- Roll it to about 1/2” thick.
- Cut it into individual rounds using a 2.5” cookie cutter.
- Brush the tops with milk.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 190C/375F.
- Allow to completely cool on a cooling rack.