Pina con Chilli Paletas
A cold yet hot ice-lolly – not for the faint hearted if lots of chilli flakes are added! Popular pineapples are full of goodness as well as flavour, they are the only source of the plant compound bromelain. Bromelain is linked with improved immune function, prevention of cancer and digestive health. Pineapples contain Vitamin C, an antioxidant, folate and trace minerals. Be cool and get a hot chilli ice lolly.
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends and family now!
DF, GF, VEG, V
- 500g/17.5oz pineapple, roughly chopped
- 2-3 teaspoons red chilli flakes, depends on preference for heat
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup, depends on ripeness of pineapple
- Puree pineapple in a blender until smooth.
- Taste and sweeten if needed.
- Stir in red chilli flakes.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze overnight.