As it’s the Chinese New Year and a time for fresh beginnings, we’ve created a simple, nutritious and delicious stir-fry to cater for any healthy eating resolutions. It’s ready in 20 minutes which makes it an ideal healthy meal for those short on time.
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends and family now!
GF, DF, V, VEG
- 250g/9oz Nian Gao
- 100g/3.5oz Chinese sweet peas, tips picked off
- 100g/3.5oz young corn, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 100g/3.5oz baby carrots, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 100g/3.5oz white onion, thinly sliced
- 15g/0.5oz cornstarch, for dusting
- 50ml/2fl oz peanut oil
For the Sauce
- 15ml. (1 tbsp.) black bean garlic paste
- 15ml. (1 tbsp.) chiu chow chili oil
- 15ml. (1 tbsp.) sesame oil
- 15ml. (1 tbsp.) honey/maple syrup
- 30ml. (2 tbsp.) cold water
- 3g (1 tsp.) cornstarch
1. Mix all ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl.
2. Cut Nian Gao into bite-sized pieces. Lightly dust with cornstarch.
3. Heat peanut oil in a frying pan. Pan-fry Nian Gao for about 2 minutes per side over medium heat. Set aside.
4. In the same pan, add peas, carrots, young corn, and onions. Sautee for 3-4 minutes over high heat.
5. Return Nian Gao to the pan and pour in the sauce mixture. Cook for about another minute, stirring continuously.