Blueberry Pudding, Jam & Custard
This scrumptious blueberry pudding, jam and custard recipe is really easy to make, is deeply satisfying and can be ready in under 30 minutes.
We topped ours with fresh blueberries and some of my healthy jam (which went down a treat), but you could also try it a sprinkle of cinnamon or some sea buckthorn powder.
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends and family now!
DF, GF, VEG
For the pudding:
50g/2oz gluten-free flour
75ml/2.5fl oz unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsp. coconut oil
For the custard:
1 1/2 cans (600ml)/20.5fl oz coconut milk
3 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
1 vanilla pod
9 egg yolks
Optional toppings: fresh blueberries, cinnamon, sea buckthorn powder and/or healthy jam to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/390F.
- Add coconut oil to the bottom of each muffin tin, then heat for 5 mins in the oven.
- Meanwhile, beat all the egg yolks for the custard in a bowl.
- Add the coconut milk, honey/maple syrup and vanilla for the custard to a saucepan and heat gently over a medium heat until warm, but not boiling.
- Whisk the egg and flour for the puddings together and then slowly add the almond milk, add the mixture to the muffin tins, then drop 3-4 blueberries into each pudding. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Add the beaten egg yolks to the custard pan and stir continuously until everything is combined, then turn down to a low heat for another 15 minutes until thickened, whisking occasionally.
- Once everything is ready - add the toppings of your choice and enjoy!