It’s pancake day soon and if your New Year’s healthy eating resolutions are still in tact, then this would be a perfect time to experiment with a healthier alternative. The recipe details make 3 pancakes, but you could always double up on ingredients to make more, just like we did.
These have been topped with berries, ground almonds, honey and oats, although any type of fruit or nut would also taste good. Hope you have a happy and healthy Pancake day.
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends and family now!
GF, DF, VEG
275ml/9.5fl oz almond milk
1 free range egg
110g/4oz buckwheat flour
1 tsp. coconut oil
Optional toppings: blueberries, raspberries, ground almonds, honey, oats
1. Mix together the milk, egg and the coconut oil in a large bowl
2. Sift in the buckwheat flour gradually, stirring constantly.
3. Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan, then pour 1/3 of the mixture and cook on a medium/high heat for 1-2 minutes on each side.
4. Repeat with the remaining parts of the mixture.
5. Serve with your choice of toppings.