Cashew Nut Butter Shortbread Cookies
These sweet treats are super tasty and unbelievably really good for you too. They taste just like shortbread, but far more healthy and nutritious.
We’ve used cashew nut butter in ours, but you could also try almond butter and that will still achieve a similar result.
We’ve added a few raisins to these but this is optional as the biscuits still taste great without them. If you do add them be careful not to add too many as this could cause the biscuits to break.
DF, GF, VEG, V
1 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
8 tbsp. cashew nut butter
¼ tsp. bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp. maple syrup
100g/3.5oz ground almonds
Optional: 50g/2oz raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 160C/320F.
2. Combine the coconut oil, cashew nut butter, maple syrup, bicarbonate of soda, vanilla extract and cinnamon in a large bowl.
When fully combined add the ground almonds by folding them into the mixture.
3. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and scoop out approximately 1 tbsp. of the mixture at a time (it will be really sticky). Roll into balls then flatten into round cookies.
4. If using raisins, gently place 2-3 in each cookie now. Don’t add too many as this could cause the cookies to break.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes then serve.