Healthy Seafood Curry
This delicious cod and prawn curry is such a healthy and nutritious meal for the whole family to enjoy. It’s protein-rich, full of flavour and has less than 300 calories per serving. What’s not to love?
If you’re looking for a quick and simple meal that’s easy to prepare and takes less than 30 minutes to make, then give this recipe a go. Hope you enjoy! 🙂
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends and family now!
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp. fresh ginger
1 x 400ml can/13.5fl oz coconut milk
1 tsp. garam masala
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. turmeric
150g/5.5oz king prawns
1 tbsp. almond butter
3 spring onions
1 tsp. ghee
Fresh parsley to garnish
- Mix together 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala, 1/2 teaspoon of paprika and 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric, then coat the prawns and cod in the mixture. Set aside.
- Peel and chop the onion, chop the spring onions, mince the garlic and grate the ginger.
- Heat the ghee in frying pan, then add in the onion, spring onion, garlic and ginger and another ½ teaspoon of each of the spices. Leave to fry over a medium heat until the onion has softened.
- Pour the can of coconut milk into the frying pan along with the almond butter and stir to combine. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and leave for 5 minutes.
- Place the fish, prawns and spinach into the pan and place a lid on the pan. Leave to cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring regularly to break up the cod fillets.
- Serve with fresh parsley to garnish and your choice of side dishes. We’ve gone for brown rice.