Raspberry & Coconut Thumbprint Cookies
These delicious little snacks are soft, chewy and really easy to make. They taste delicious served with a nice cup of tea.
These mini biscuits are also grain free, gluten free and free from refined sugar. Hope you enjoy!
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends and family now!
GF, DF, VEG
For the biscuit base:
175g/6oz ground almonds
25g/1oz coconut flour
5 tbsp. coconut oil
1 medium egg
1 tsp. almond extract
1 tsp. baking powder
For the filling:
2 tsp. honey
- In a mixing bowl - mix together the ground almonds, coconut flour and baking powder until combined.
- In a separate bowl - mix together 80g/3oz of the honey with the egg, coconut oil and almond extract until fully combined.
- Slowly add the bowl of wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing as you go, until a sticky dough is formed. Leave to rest for 10 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 160C/320F.
- Add the raspberries and remaining honey to a saucepan and gently heat, over a medium heat, mixing and mashing the raspberries as you go. Once all the raspberries are mashed and well combined with the honey, reduce the heat to a simmer and leave for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Divide the dough mixture into 14 equal parts and roll into balls. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, then flatten each of the balls and use your thumb to make a small hole in the centre.
- Fill the holes with the raspberry mixture then bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate (should last for up to 4 days).