Turkey Lettuce Boats
These healthy and delicious turkey lettuce boats are quick and easy to make and full of so much flavour. They make a great appetiser for when you’re cooking for friends and family or an equally satisfying lunch. They’re delicious, light and a great low carbohydrate recipe.
We’ve served ours with a dash of Greek yoghurt and some pumpkin seeds on top.
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends and family now!
1 tsp. olive oil
450g/16oz lean turkey mince
2 x baby gem lettuce
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp. mild chilli powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. paprika
100g/3.5oz chopped tomatoes
60ml/2fl oz chicken broth
2 spring onions
2 tbsp. Greek yoghurt
1 tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan.
- Crush the garlic cloves, then add into the pan along with the turkey mince and cook over a medium-high heat until the mince has whitened, gently breaking it up as you cook. (Approximately 5 minutes).
- Add in the mild chilli powder, cumin, paprika, chopped tomatoes and chicken broth then stir until well combined. Once boiling - reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and leave for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop the avocado, tomato and spring onion into small chunks and peal the leaves from the lettuce.
- Once the mince is ready, add 1 tablespoon of mince to each lettuce leaf, then top with avocado, tomato, spring onion, Greek yoghurt and pumpkin seeds to serve.