A healthy flavoursome take on an Italian classic. Nutritional yeast has a nutty cheesy flavour making it a good alternative for a vegan diet, especially as it is a complete protein. Other benefits are all the B vitamins which are important for everyone’s health but more so for those on a vegan/vegetarian diet. This yeast is rich in Selenium which helps to repair cell damage therefore helping to reduce the risk of cancer. It has anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties, it improves digestion and as it is rich in folate pregnant women should include this in their diet. Just a few reasons to get familiar with this cosmopolitan dish.
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends and family now!
- 100g/3.5oz white onion, finely chopped
- 75g/2.5oz nutritional yeast
- 4 egg yolks
- 200g/7oz pancetta, chopped
- 250ml/8.5fl oz water
- 250g/8.75oz uncooked gluten-free spaghetti
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Drop in spaghetti and cook for 12-15 minutes.
2. Whisk together the egg yolks, nutritional yeast, and water in a bowl.
3. While the pasta is boiling, sautee pancetta in a pan until slightly crisp.
4. Add onions and continue to sautee until translucent.
5. Turn heat down to low and whisk in the egg yolk mixture. Whisk continuously until thick.
6. Toss the cooked spaghetti in the sauce.