Strawberry and Pecan Salad
This recipe not only looks fantastic, but it is fantastic for you in many ways. Let’s look at your heart, grapes contain phytonutrient resveratrol which is great for heart health, strawberries, heart- shaped for a reason, contain anthocyanins which are associated with heart health as well as being what gives fruit and flowers their colour. Pecans contain monounsaturated fats that help prevent coronary heart disease. All this and more, vitamin C, folate, manganese, potassium, fibre to name just a few.
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends and family now!
DF, GF, VEG, V
- 100g/3.5oz strawberries, cut into thin slices
- 100g/3.5oz grapes, sliced into thin discs
- 50g/2oz pecans
- 20g/0.75oz coconut sugar
- 50g/2oz red onion, thinly sliced
- 75g/2.75oz mesclun greens
- 15ml/0.5fl oz balsamic vinegar
- 45ml/1.5fl oz olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed black peppercorns
- 14g/0.5oz mint leaves
1. Combine coconut sugar and pecans in a non-stick pan over low heat. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
2. Transfer candied pecans to a plate lined with parchment paper to cool.
3. In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and mint leaves.
4. Toss in mesclun greens, strawberries, grapes, and red onions.
5. Top salad with candied pecans.