Vegan Mapo Tofu
When you’re short on time and you’re in need of something nutritious, then this 15 minute vegan mapo tofu will certainly satisfy your taste buds. This is an authentic Sichuan style mapo tofu which is both spicy and aromatic.
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends and family now!
DF, GF, VEG
1 block silken tofu (400g/14oz), cut into inch cubes
150g/5.25oz shiitake mushrooms, sliced
125ml/5fl oz vegetable broth
2 tbsp. chilli bean paste
30g/1oz fermented black beans, roughly chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. ginger, minced
1 tsp. Sichuan peppercorns
2 tsp. low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp/15ml peanut oil
1 tsp/5ml sesame oil
1 tsp/5ml chilli oil
1 tbsp/15ml honey/maple syrup
30g/1oz green onion, thinly sliced
1 tsp. cornstarch
25g/1oz peanuts, roughly chopped
1. Mix vegetable stock, cornstarch, soy sauce, and honey in a bowl.
2. Heat peanut oil in a wok.
3. Add in ginger, garlic, mushrooms, Sichuan peppercorns, fermented black beans, and white part of the leeks to the wok. Sautee until aromatic. About a minute.
4. Add in chili bean paste and soy sauce mixture.
5. Stir until thick then add tofu. Heat for a minute.
6. Transfer to a serving dish then drizzle chili oil and sesame oil.
7. Top with chopped peanuts.