Vegan Roasted Vegetable Omelette
A healthy vegan recipe, ideal for using up leftover Christmas day vegetables on Boxing Day. It’s a light dish perfect after the indulgences of Christmas day. Chickpea flour is naturally gluten free, chickpeas are a super source of protein, fibre and iron. The skin of vegetables and fruit are quite often a good source of nutrition in itself, the dark skin of the Zucchini/courgette is high in soluble fibre which slows digestion and stabilises sugar levels. The dark skin of the Eggplant/Aubergine is full of fibre, potassium, magnesium and antioxidants, Tomato skin is full of antioxidants too so before removing skins bear this information in mind.
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends and family now!
DF, GF, VEG, V
For the batter:
95g/3oz chickpea flour
185ml/6.25fl oz soy milk
30ml/1fl oz apple cider vinegar
1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
For the filling:
50g/2oz shallots, finely diced
20g/0.75oz garlic, minced
50g/2oz bell pepper, finely diced
50g/2oz tomatoes, finely diced
50g/2 oz eggplant/aubergine, finely diced
75g/2.5oz zucchini/courgette, finely diced
15ml/0.5fl oz olive oil
- Whisk all ingredients for the batter in a bowl. Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Sautee all vegetables until tender. About 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour about half a cup of the batter into a non-stick pan. Swirl around and cook until top is bubbly. About 2 minutes.
- Put sauteed vegetables on the batter.
- Fold then cover and cook over low heat for 2 more minutes.