Winter-Spiced Banana and Pecan Stuffed Apples
A nutrient packed, winter warmer to be enjoyed over the festive period and all through the year. Nuts contain several important B vitamins necessary for enzyme metabolism inside the body. Introduce a handful of pecan nuts into your diet to ensure you are getting a good supply of vitamins, minerals and protein. Bananas contain fibre, potassium and have 33% of the daily recommended amount of Vitamin B6. Enjoy this fruit and nutty treat!
Love this recipe? Share it with your friends and family now!
DF, GF, VEG, V
- 3 apples
- 120g/4oz bananas, sliced
- 30g/1oz pecans, roughly chopped
- 25g/1oz coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp/1g cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp/1g nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp/1g ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp/1g ground green cardamom
- 15ml/0.5fl oz oil
- 60ml/2fl oz water
- Pre-heat the oven to 175C/350F.
- Cut the tops of apples off and scoop out the flesh from the centre. Keep apples submerged in acidulated water (bowl of water plus about a tablespoon of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar) to keep them from oxidising.
- Roughly chop the scooped out apple flesh.
- In a bowl, toss chopped apples, bananas, pecans, coconut sugar, coconut oil and the spices.
- Stuff the apples with the mixture and sprinkle some coconut sugar on top.
- Arrange apples upright in an oven safe dish. Pour about a 60ml/2fl oz of water into the dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.